Partnerships and Initiatives
The UNDP Office in Geneva identifies, builds and develops the Organization’s institutional capacity to enhance strategic partnerships with programme and donor countries, the UN system, non-governmental and civil society organizations, the private sector, intergovernmental organizations, international finance institutions, regional banks, academia and foundations as well as partners taking part in the UN's decentralized cooperation campaign. Substantive programmatic work through several networks of partnerships on core issues such as promoting access to clean and potable water, early recovery from crises, reducing the availability of small arms, ensuring access to antiretroviral therapies, safeguarding forests, building capacity for trade among least developed countries and migration links with development are all carried out from the UNDP Office in Geneva.
The UNDP Office in Geneva also has the specific responsibility for partnership building and donor relations in France and Switzerland. The Office has a special role in building and strengthening partnerships in support of UN reform, specifically the process of 'delivering as one' with a particular focus on the UN system in Geneva, and UN sister agencies headquartered in Europe but without resident representation in those developing countries where UNDP operates.
The Global Fund galvanizes support for the fight against AIDS, TB and malaria, working with partners to support the most effective prevention and treatment. We have an historic opportunity to seize new advances in science and apply practical experience to defeat these diseases and remove them as threats to public health. Working together, we can do great things.more
The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is Switzerland’s international cooperation agency within the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA). In operating with other federal offices concerned, SDC is responsible for the overall coordination of development activities and cooperation with Eastern Europe, as well as for the humanitarian aid delivered by the Swiss Confederation.more
- 05 Oct 2015:Twenty Ministers of Finance Call to action on climate change to help world’s vulnerable countries
- 30 Sep 2015:UNDP and Switzerland to boost sustainable private sector development in Africa
- 27 Sep 2015:UNDP and the French Development Agency renew their partnership on climate change and SDGs
Photos from the 11th Match Against Poverty
- #ImaginePeace. In honor of John Lennon's 75th birthday, we're sharing a blog post from our friends at UNDP Việt Nam: Sung & others in #Vietnam share their hopes for a better future: #GlobalGoals 5 hours ago
- Neat-o! Our Social Good Summit with Mashable is the place to be, according to The New York Times. We're feeling blessed to be featured in the NY Times in the same sentence with some of our favorite music makers at Coachella and Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival: 8 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook