UNDP Office in Geneva
Based in the middle of Europe, the UNDP Office in Geneva contributes to UNDP’s mission through serving as the UNDP Platform for Geneva and the Geneva-based organizations and as the primary point of contact with the governments of France and Switzerland.
Strong and active partnerships are essential for the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Since October 2014, the UNDP Office in Geneva has become an integrated partnership office working across programmatic and representational functions. The UNDP Office in Geneva contributes to UNDP’s mission through:
- Leveraging the presence of the humanitarian, human rights and development communities in Geneva to enable the organization to deliver, in concrete and measurable ways, to the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Engaging substantively with a wide range of partners across Europe, in the public, private and non-governmental sectors, to mobilize the means and make progress across several thematic areas, as described below.
What is our role?
The UNDP Office in Geneva represents the organization among Geneva-based intergovernmental bodies and UN sister agencies, and provides services and support to UNDP's corporate communications agenda in Western Europe.
The UNDP Geneva office acts as the primary point of contact with the Governments of France and Switzerland and strives to build partnerships with all Member States’ Permanent Missions in Geneva. UNDP technical staff also interact extensively with counterparts from a wide range of donor agencies in Europe to promote better cooperation at the global and country-levels and to support resource mobilization efforts for the organization.
Bangui, CAR -- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), working in partnership with the UN Peacebuilding Fund (PBF) and the World Bank, has taken steps tomore
- View More
- 30 Jun 2016:Making the most of migration in Moldova
- 29 Jun 2016:Finding displacement solutions with the private sector
- 20 Jun 2016:Going the distance for Climate Change action
- 17 Jun 2016:European Electric Vehicle Rally in Geneva “Stamps” 1.5 Degrees at UN Gates
- 24 May 2016:UN and businesses team up to prevent and respond to crises